Investment Analyst - Quantitative Management
At OPERS, a 60-person investment staff manages $100 billion of investments in the strategic asset allocation approved by our Board of Directors. The position being hired will be a member of a six-person team managing a variety of portfolios in US Equity, Non-US Equity, Commodity and REITs asset classes. We employ quantitative techniques for managing the portfolios and use automation to process large datasets in order to manage over $20 billion in assets. We use derivatives to manage market exposure and the team invests using a variety of management styles including index, active, equity style factors and multi-asset strategies.
Are you an Investments professional who has a passion for data analytics? Would you like the responsibility of managing investment portfolios and having an impact on performance? Do you enjoy learning new quantitative and analytics techniques? Are you interested in learning from other investors and using sophisticated systems? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do
As a member of our Quantitative Management group, you would be working with a group of Investments professionals whose passion for investments impacts the lives of over 1 million Ohioans. You would be responsible for researching enhancements to our internally managed equity quantitative factor, alternative risk premia, commodity, enhanced and global beta/index-oriented portfolios. You would to assist with developing and implementing daily management decision-making processes as well as monitoring portfolio exposures, derivatives use, portfolio risks and performing trades, rebalancing and portfolio optimization/construction.
For a full job details go to: https://www.opers.org/careers/position-details/Investment-Analyst-Quant-Management.pdf
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree required with MBA preferred
- Excellent organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in investments, quantitative analysis or similar experience required
- Advanced MS Excel experience is necessary
- Proficiency with SQL coding is desired
- Experience with financial information systems such as Barra and Bloomberg
- The ability to become licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO) within six month of hire and to abide by the OPERS Personal Trading Policy is required
What we offer
- A collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere
- A competitive starting salary range of $85,841.60 - $107,307.20 / annually with opportunity to participate in the OPERS Incentive Compensation Program
- Professional growth through development opportunities and continuing education
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- Pension with 457(b) company match opportunity
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria and free onsite, covered parking
- The ability to earn up to 13 days of vacation, 13 days of sick leave and three personal days each year
Application deadline information
- We are accepting applications beginning 11/12/2020 until filled.