Wealth Management Middle Office Team Leader
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competence center in Lisbon named the Portugal International Markets Hub (“PIMH”). This center manages certain activities for the International Markets (“IM”) sites of BNPP WM namely Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany and Monaco.
BNPP Wealth Management Middle Office EOLE (European Operations Location Efficiency) team is currently growing in Portugal. This is a very interesting opportunity to join the growing PIMH family as a MO EOLE - Team Leader in Porto.
Role And Responsibilities
- Analyze, coordinate, carry out and control operations, relating to securities activities, in compliance with procedures and under the best conditions of quality, time and reliability
- Analysis and coordination of processes, related to securities activities, executed via the EOLE platform
- Act as a facilitator and intermediary, as defined for Middle-Office EOLE employees between back office teams, relationship managers and clients
- Ensure contact with internal and external interlocutors. Contribute, through its position in the organization, to the resolution of issues/difficulties identified and raised. Respond to a request in an efficient manner
- Provide to the Back-Offices, the necessary support and documents, to process the operations
- Assuring the controls, defined in the control plan to control risks
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the platform related to quality, performance and risk control
- Redaction and update of Middle-Office procedures and work instructions
- As a Team Leader:
- Supervise the complete operational processes, while maintaining and adapting the monitoring system;
- Manage the team included recruitment, evaluation, training plan and employee evolution follow up, ensuring the expertise and the team polyvalence;
- Implement the right controls to secure the output and quality of service;
- Write the procedures, produce monthly reports on second levels of controls;
- Report and alert the management regularly;
- Contribute to the good communication, with hierarchy and staff;
- Represent MO EOLE, in projects, initiatives and regulatory subjects.
- Contribute to the improvement and adaptability rate of the team.
- Actively contribute to internal projects, impacting the service.
- Master degree in Economy, Finance, Management
- 3 to 5 years of management experience
- Leadership skills
- Business knowledge: Perfect knowledge of the securities business and general banking
- Several years of experience in back/middle office positions
- Fluency in English, French language skills considered a plus
- Rigour, reliability, precision
- Customer-oriented and risk management control
- Positive and committed attitude
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)
At least 3 years
Job Number: 2009WEMA5635_PRT