The Executive Manager (EM) is responsible for the overall management of the Society office, implementing the strategic plan, supporting governance initiatives and relationship management of the Society’s external relationships such as, but not exclusively, the CFA Institute, the Board, external stakeholders and others as needed. The EM reports to and is accountable to the Board of directors. Within the limits of the Society’s policies, by-laws and other guidelines which may be changed from time to time, the EM is responsible for and has authority to execute the duties outlined below.
The Executive Manager will provide leadership and strategic support to the members served by the Society, provide strategic leadership in managing and coordinating all the activities and initiatives, utilising staff and volunteers, in addition to leveraging support provided by the Institute. The EM will contribute to the strategic growth plans designed with the Board and is responsible for executing them with an expanding corps of staff, members, volunteers and committee chairs.
The position requires a well organized, resourceful and motivated individual who can effectively manage a diverse set of responsibilities while working independently. Excellent strategic planning, management, writing and editorial skills are also a prerequisite. The Executive Manager will coordinate with other Board members and oversee staff to manage the Society’s operational activities and execute the Board’s vision.
STRATEGIC DUTIES (OUTLINE OF KEY TASKS)
● Board Governance – Work with the Board on governance issues including bylaws, controls, and best practices
● Programming – Assist Programming Chair with logistics as needed to ensure an on-going local programming excellence, rigorous program evaluation
● Budget Management – Prepare and manage the society’s annual budget in coordination with the Treasurer and operations staff, and facilitate timely annual submissions to CFA Institute
● Membership recruitment and retention – Maintain effective communication and client service while growing the membership base
● Candidate outreach strategy – communication with 3rd party providers and candidates preparing for the CFA exams for mutual benefit of stakeholders and Society
● Employer and Community Outreach – Facilitate meetings with local employers of Charterholders to raise awareness and support for Society mission
● Government Outreach – Build relationships with government officials at the municipal and state level
● University Outreach – Support the events, outreach and advocacy committees (as fit) in organizing the local research Challenge and other initiatives
● Sponsorship – Develop and manage sponsorship program for external vendors at events or as ongoing engagement
● Volunteer Engagement – Create and manage Volunteer and Intern programs
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree required with a strong background in project and/or membership management preferred
● Marketing, fundraising, and/or non-profit experience viewed favourably
● Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
● Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal, listening, and presentation)
● Self-starter and ability to work under little guidance
● Must demonstrate outstanding stewardship and relationship building/management skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanour
● Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Sharepoint/HTML, Salesforce, and QuickBooks
● Proficient in use of current social media and email marketing platforms for communications and project/event management activities (Instagram, LinkedIn, CVENT, ConstantContact, Zoom, etc.)
● Very high level of organizational, planning, coordination, and time management skills
● Must demonstrate strong ethics, good judgment, and mature business skills
● CFA charter or MBA a plus
- Primary business activities will be conducted via phone and email.
- Office space and services are not provided. Candidates will need to have work from home and attend meeting and events when needed.
- Flexible working hours, mostly evenings.