Senior Portfolio Manager - Public Equity
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ defined benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 245,000 active members and more than 160,000 retires and beneficiaries.
The Agency is seeking a Public Equity investment professional to serve as a Senior Portfolio Manager in the Investment Division. The Senior Portfolio Manager reports directly to the Managing Director of Public Equity. The Senior Portfolio Manager will assist in the internal management effort with expectations of building internally-managed portfolios and evaluating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on portfolio investments.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
* Develop and lead the management of one or more internal public equity portfolios.
* Actively participate in the internal management initiative.
* Actively source investment opportunities and lead the due diligence and investment recommendation process.
* Lead quantitative and/or fundamental research projects.
* Responsible for market analysis within assigned asset class for the purpose of recommending tactical positioning in an effort to add value over an assigned benchmark.
This individual will work collaboratively with the Managing Director to support the overall investment program. The Senior Portfolio Manager will assist in developing and managing internal public equity portfolios; perform research for internally managed portfolios; perform attribution and exposure analysis; track and model investment performance; assist with due diligence on new investments; assist with tactical asset allocation; assist in the process of reviewing and negotiating legal documentation; work collaboratively with the operations and legal teams as necessary; assist the Managing Director in preparing presentation materials for Investment Division staff or for Investment Committee meetings; manage business relationships; assist in the development of analysts, associates, and interns; assist in the maintenance of records related to investments; and contribute to all Public Equity team objectives as assigned or as needed.