Senior Risk Officer
Would you like to have an active role in our dynamic fund industry business? We are now looking for a Senior Risk Officer to support our growing organisation.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
Nordea Asset Management (NAM) is the asset management arm of the Nordea Group, the leading financial services group in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions. The group has 11 million clients and 30,000 employees. NAM has around 770 employees and manages more than EUR 215 billion of assets for institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the Nordic region and the globe.
About This Opportunity
Welcome to the Risk Management team. We add value by ensuring that risks are proactively monitored, identified, mitigated and reported. As Senior Risk Officer, you’ll play a valuable role within the second line of defense by acting as a trusted advisor for the business on Funds’ risk management matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the Risk Management organization in performing all required risk management tasks in relation to the currently established range of investment funds as well future product initiatives;
- Develop and carry out oversight procedures on the tasks delegated within the group (mainly investment compliance and risk limits monitoring);
- Apply in close cooperation with employees from other parts of the organisation the company’s operational risk management processes;
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in performing timely, consistent and accurate all reporting tasks as required by laws and regulations and internal policies, towards external supervisory authorities and internal governance bodies.
You’ll join a diversified team connected with many stakeholders within Nordea Asset Management. The role is based in Lisbon, Portugal.
Who You Are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Good communication skills (written and oral); fluency in English is a must;
- Structured and detail-conscious, without losing sight of the big picture;
- Ability to be proactive and work autonomously with respect of short deadlines.
Your experience and background:
- 5+ years of relevant experience from a similar role within the industry;
- Master degree in business administration, finance, economics or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of the UCITS and AIF investment restrictions, the Luxembourg regulatory environment, the variety of investment products and the fund industry in general (e.g. valuation of investments, NAV calculation cycles…);
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and tools.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 30 November 2020. Please note the position might be filled before the application deadline
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.