Contract Trade Analyst, Commodities & Marketing
SAF Group (“SAF”) is a Calgary based investment manager actively deploying capital in the energy, commodities, mining, and consumer products sectors, with a focus on credit and equity structured investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF has grown to approximately $2 billion in capital commitments and employs more than 20 people in Calgary and Vancouver.
SAF, through one of its affiliate companies, manages assets on behalf of a merchant commodities business, whose primary focus is physical crude oil logistics and marketing, with creative deal structuring and origination. In this line of business, we are seeking a Contract Trade Analyst, Commodities & Marketing as a critical addition to our firm. Reporting to the Commodities Head, SAF Group CFO and the Commodities senior deal team, the ideal candidate will be someone with crude oil trade support experience, with strong technical abilities and attention to detail.
This will be a full time contract position through December 31, 2021 but may be extended.
- General front-office trade support
- Daily position, risk and pnl reporting and model support
- Market analysis for products and risk management
- Deal flow management and presentation materials
- Deal origination and structuring support
- Trade booking, reconciliation and process oversight
- Trade settlement oversight and reporting
- Primary liaison between commercial, operations and accounts teams for cash management, collateral and reporting
- Other ad hoc analyst tasks as
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- 1-3 years of accounting, commodities, and/or derivatives experience
- Markets-based trading and risk management proficiency
- University degree in a business or accounting related field
- Proficiency in the use of Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™;
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and manage multiple time sensitive tasks simultaneously;
- Above average work ethic, integrity, and motivation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic self-starter looking to build a career in a growing commodities merchant business. The successful candidate will work in a challenging and fast paced environment which requires dedication, passion for industry, and an above average work ethic.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a one-page resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title (“Trade Analyst, Commodities & Marketing”) in the subject line by November 25th, 2020. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified.