Quantitative Analyst (12 month contract) with Martin Currie
Martin Currie seeks to recruit a Quantitative Analyst on a 12 month contract in Melbourne, Australia. The individual will be supporting Quantitative and Portfolio Management teams using quantitative research methodology to design, test and maintain disciplined investment processes. In addition, helping our clients’ portfolios to deliver strong investment returns over periods of three years or more, without allowing risk to undermine returns.
Founded in 1881 and headquartered in the United Kingdom, Martin Currie is a leading global investor specializing in global equities. The firm is a leading pioneer in emerging and international markets covering various growth and income strategies. Martin Currie operates independently as a Specialist Investment Manager (SIM) within the Franklin Templeton group. For more information about Martin Currie, please visit us at: www.martincurrie.com.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Quantitative Analyst?
- Support Australian Equities investment team
- Support portfolio managers and analysts to design, test, build and maintain a disciplined Australian Equity investment processes and the systems that support them
- Effectively communicate investment research findings and results so that the investing and marketing teams benefit from that research
- Manage internal software and database development projects to support investment team as appropriate
- Support new product initiatives through back testing or other quantitative analysis
- Research proprietary and quantitative investment signals to improve portfolio decision making
- Comply all Martin Currie Legal, Regulatory, Governance, Risk and Compliance obligations including understanding your responsibilities, obligations, record keeping and behaviours
- Comply with the ethical standards contained in the Martin Currie Code of Conduct
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- A post-graduate Masters or PhD in a Finance field
- CFA holder or is in the process of pursuing a CFA
- Strong financial and quantitative skills
- An understanding of finance concepts, statistics and mathematics is desired
- Computer programming experience desirable in python, R, and/or Visual Basic/Excel
- Ability to work well in groups and with diverse contacts
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise work effectively
- High level of intellectual curiosity to enhance the investment team’s research and processes
- Self-motivated, pro-active and growth-orientated mindset
- Ability to commence work by Jan 2021 is highly desirable
Candidates must possess the right to work and live in Australia without restriction.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.