Portfolio Manager (Global Fixed Income)
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage significant fixed income portfolios with an existing team fixed income professionals based in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Provide and execute cash management needs to enhance return from these floating cash.
- Provide leadership in idea generation and portfolio construction to these portfolios achieve better than return targets and reference benchmarks over the medium term of 3 to 5 years.
- Work closely and manage a team of fixed income professionals, giving guidance on their coverage, credit analysis and professional developments
- Conduct due diligence on external fixed income managers, monitor and recommend appropriate actions on existing managers, as well as actively cultivate these relationships for investment ideas and market intelligence
- Provide regular updates on these portfolios on performances, providing steps taken to mitigate risks and underperformances, when needed.
- Alert and highlight adverse developments occurring with individual issuance, providing recommendations on actions to be taken in response to these.
- Ensure that these fixed income portfolios outperform given return targets and reference benchmarks within approved investment mandates and guidelines
- Preferably 10+ years in reputable asset management / investment firm managing a significant global fixed income portfolio, with a proven track record in managing
- Demonstrate strong capabilities in generating realistic top down view of the world and translating this into viable and consistent portfolio strategy in terms of duration positioning, credit bets, country/regional positioning, etc.
- Demonstrate good credit analysis capabilities across the entire credit quality spectrum
- Demonstrate strong portfolio construction skills in response to an evolving macro environment
- Some experience in conducting due diligence on fixed income managers
- Sound investment judgment with good analytical background
- Results and action oriented
- Team player, and at the same time, able to work independently
- Driven and pro-active, with integrity and discipline to adhere to given guidelines
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and in presentation, especially in English
- Graduate with "good" degree from a reputable school, and preferably, with professional qualification, e.g., CFA.