Equity Research Analyst, Financials
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Equity Research Analyst works under the direction of management and Senior Financials Sector Analysts, supporting and assisting senior analysts in conducting research of industry groups and specific securities. Specific duties include financial modeling, framework creation, and integrating qualitative work on strategy, competitive position, etc. for thesis development and verification. The analyst will study and report findings on market sectors and market trends combining quantitative screening tools and qualitative work. Professional history required is typically 2 to 5 years of research experience specifically in the financials sector. The Equity Research Analyst is expected to develop and refine sector-specific research knowledge and skills. Other duties may include running meetings with company managements, contacting expert networks, attending industry conferences, and contributing to process improvement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must develop and/or maintain financial models and industry/sector frameworks, as well as proactively pursue new and innovative quantitative analyses of the relevant companies and industries
- Must help conduct proprietary research efforts as assigned by the Senior Equity Res Analyst as well as participate in analyst meetings, conferences, and other meetings as required
- Must support all relevant communications efforts of the Senior Equity Research Analyst, interacting with other analysts and portfolio managers as required and requested
- Must be a proactive contributor of company- and industry-level intelligence, adding to the proprietary information flow of the team(s) in developing investment conclusions
Required Job Qualifications
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- CFA or progress required
- 2 - 5 years of research investment experience, covering the financials sector
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong technical and modeling skills, including expert use of Microsoft Office software, Excel, Bloomberg and/or FactSet
Other Critical Factors
- Must be committed to excellence, with a passion for winning
- Must be a team player, possessing the desire and ability to actively collaborate with peers in an environment of mutual respect
- Must have the ability to leverage technology inside and outside the office to improve productivity and communication
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.