Investment Analytics Coordinator - Product Management
The Product Management group at Research Affiliates is responsible for the oversight of the firm’s investment strategies which includes; product development, business development, messaging and analytical support. The investment analyst position provides analytics support to Product Management and the firm’s client-facing team and includes; fulfilling day-to-day analytics and attribution requests from clients, creation/maintenance of standard reports on Research Affiliates’ investment strategies, and creation of presentation material. In this role, you will work closely with the client-facing, research, marketing and compliance teams.
Research Affiliates, LLC, is a global leader in smart beta and asset allocation. Dedicated to creating value for investors, we seek to have a profound impact on the global investment community through our insights and products. Our investment strategies are built on a strong research base. We deliver solutions in partnership with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, through their offerings of mutual funds, ETFs, separately managed accounts, and/or commingled accounts. Research Affiliates was founded in 2002 and is based in Newport Beach, California. As of June 30, 2020, $142 billion in assets are managed worldwide using investment strategies developed by Research Affiliates.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create charts and graphs for use in client service and prospect presentations.
- Update presentation material, factsheets and other standard reports for the firm’s investment strategies.
- Conduct analysis on RAFI performance and peer comparisons.
- Generate performance attributions and other ad hoc analytics using FactSet.
- Provide analytics support to product managers.
- Maintain and update proprietary AUM management system.
Education & Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Degree in Business/Economics, or Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills necessary.
- Knowledge of finance/investment concepts required.
- 0-3 years of investment industry experience.
- Interest in pursuing the CFA designation a plus.
- Commitment to a mission-driven, culture-driven firm.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic, with a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Must have outstanding initiative and be a self-starter.