Fund Accountant, Absolute Return Strategies
Working with our Absolute Return Strategies Fund Finance team, the individual in this position will be responsible for performing fund accounting and analysis functions for investment partnerships and accounts managed by the Firm.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Perform the day-to-day accounting for investment partnerships and accounts managed by GCM Grosvenor. Analyze internal and external data sources to create client deliverables.
- Liaise between the Firm and underlying managers/administrators.
- Responsible for the calculation and accurate reporting of underlying manager performance Assist in preparation of financial statement audits and regulatory compliance reporting for the various partnerships and companies.
- Complete preparation and analytical review of weekly and monthly fund performance and investor reporting. Support investment and client service personnel on ad-hoc requests.
- Complete general accounting responsibilities. Assist in special projects as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance with outstanding academic credentials; applicable coursework or internship in the field of investments or financial markets.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working for a financial services firm or top-tier accounting firm, with specialization in investment partnerships, hedge fund of funds, mutual funds or private equity.
- Accounting experience in managing hedge funds preferred.
- Experience with spreadsheets, general ledger and portfolio software required.
- Technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks. Sound judgement and logical reasoning.
- Exposure to financial reporting, auditing and tax.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor is a global alternatives investment firm with $57 billion in assets under management in private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, absolute return strategies, and multi-asset class opportunistic investments. We have specialized in alternatives since 1971, and we are dedicated to unlocking value for our clients by leveraging our cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
Our experienced team of approximately 500 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. GCM Grosvenor is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professionals organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.gcmgrosvenor.com.