Research Analyst, MALTs
The Analyst will work directly with the Public Markets investment team to perform manager due diligence. The position’s responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with and evaluating the capabilities of marketable alternative investment managers including hedge funds, hedge fund of funds and commodity managers.
- Participating in and coordinating investment manager searches for clients.
- Producing deliverables that review the funds identified during a manager search.
- Presenting our research and recommendations to prospective and existing clients.
- Conducting research that contributes to improvements in the quality of the company’s investment advisory services (e.g., writing white papers).
- Involvement with internal committees/decision making bodies
Key areas of experience/knowledge:
- Research of hedge fund strategies and other Marketable Alternative strategies
- Attending client meetings
- Working with research teams across the firm to facilitate new pathways of execution and research
- Writing on micro and macro topics within Marketable Alternatives.
- Strong quantitative skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional and effective writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under time pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to proactively seek new responsibilities
- Ability to work well with employees from other company departments
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Three to five years of experience in the investment industry, preferably reviewing hedge funds or hedge fund of fund investments
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of three years of experience in the investment industry, a strong background in economics, finance, and statistics, a broad understanding of the investment world, and demonstrated superior writing and presentation skills. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to excellence that is exemplified in their attention to detail and quality of work. Professionalism and integrity should be hallmarks of their workplace legacy, and they must also have the ability to travel up to 50% of the time.