Analyst, Manager Research US Equity
When you step into SEI – anywhere in the world – you know you’re not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice, and grow your community. We’re different. And we’re proud of it.
SEI’s Investment Management Unit (IMU) has an opening for a Manager Research Analyst with a strong US Equity focus. Working with the Manager Research team, the key objective of the role is to identify managers with superior skills and competitive advantage for SEI’s research platform. This platform is focused on helping clients meet their unique investment objectives through the benefits of active multi-manager portfolios. Research is utilized by and provided to internal and external clients through SEI’s directly managed mutual funds and separate accounts or via packaged research services to third-party financial enterprises.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to/lead the manager research process for existing managers as well as potential candidates.
- Conduct in-depth due diligence through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess manager skill. Due diligence will include data analysis, manager conference calls and on-site visits, and preparation of written due diligence reports.
- Analyze manager portfolios to understand drivers of risk and return, alpha composition and the robustness of the strategy in various market environments. The analysis assesses a manager’s superior edge versus its relevant peers.
- Compose cogent, refutable investment theses for recommended managers, focused on investment edge.
- Retain accountability for recommended manager decisions.
- Respond to various requests from other teams within the investment unit and SEI’s market units.
This role also carries a long-term responsibility to help further develop and implement a process driven culture in a constructive fashion. Delivering convictions with an open mind and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree along with an advanced degree and/or certification (e.g. MS, MBA, CFA or progress toward CFA).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience conducting manager research and due diligence with an emphasis in US Large Cap equity (3+ years).
- Good working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets.
- Demonstrated capabilities in Excel and financial information systems (e.g. eVestment, Facstset, Style Analytics, Barra, Axioma).
- Experience in portfolio management or statistical modeling a plus.
Attributes we value:
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Excellent communication - written, verbal and presentation skills for internal/external audiences as well as strong listening and investigative skills.
- Robust organization skills and ability to work effectively when the pressure is on.
- Standout colleague with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgment and act decisively.
- Intellectually curious, creative and open-minded.
- Real passion for investing.
- This position will be based at corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA. Travel for this position will be required.
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more…
After 50 years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our Oaks, PA office encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we’re (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance, and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.