Head of Private Markets - Alternative Investments
A new role, the Head of Private Markets – Alternative Investments:
Reports to the Fund’s Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Operating Officer;
Is responsible for:
- Identifying and championing investment opportunities;
- Conducting due diligence and supporting direct and indirect alternative investments in private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds;
- Interfacing with private companies in portfolio and assisting management where applicable.
- Investment strategy and asset allocation ;
- The formation of investment outlook, content and advisor education;
- Supporting the due diligence and fiduciary oversight responsibilities of various investment/product platforms.
Serves as a lead mentor to the investment staff;
Is a senior member of the leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter with strong communication skills and a broad understanding of the operational complexities of all asset classes. The candidate will be adept at evaluating alternative investments, with an emphasis on private equity and venture capital mandates, and will express the following experiences and attributes/competencies.
- +5 years of experience in asset management and/or wealth management (i.e. Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, or Research capacity)
- +5 years of direct experience in or related to multi-asset portfolio management, asset allocation and/or quantitative investment research
- +5 years of experience in investment strategy/manager due diligence and oversight of traditional and alternative investment strategies
- +5 years of experience managing a team
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment that requires execution of recurring deliverables as well as projects and initiatives in support of a rapidly growing business
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA credential desired
- Flexible and adaptable, with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach and mentality
- Ability to produce in-depth, insightful research commentary in a timely fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to confidently voice opinions and handle a wide range of daily interactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Confidence presenting to large groups of senior individuals
- Ability to critically analyze financial information and communicate assumptions effectively
- Strong financial modeling skills. Fluency with MS Excel and Word is a must.