Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Full-Time Permanent position working out of Edmonton, AB!
The Specialist, Valuation is accountable to provide financial analysis for asset acquisition, divestiture, and development projects. As the Valuation Specialist, you would be accountable for supporting the commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, which includes recommendations on business structure, contract terms and conditions as well as developing and maintaining superior quantitative models for ongoing analytics. You would also support the preparation of the Corporate Strategy and Long Term Plan via financial analysis and preparation of supporting material.
What you’d be responsible for
- Provide input to the Senior Manager, Treasury plans and directions, ensure an appropriate understanding of valuations strategy.
- Develop and implement stratum appropriate (3 – 12 month) deliverables within the context of the Senior Manager, Treasury business plan.
- Identify the necessary budget requirements for the provision of develop superior quantitative models and results that both advance the understanding of opportunity valuation and the valuation process.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
- Ensure optimal deliverables through effective cross-functional accountability and authority practices (when relevant) within Senior Manager’s context and prescribed limits.
- Develop, implement and review Specialist, Valuation processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Provide recommendations on structure of commercial agreements or asset configurations to optimize value for EPCOR. Provide effective communication of analysis methodology and recommendations to senior management, business development, marketing and other internal or external parties.
- Provide financial analysis for asset acquisition, divestiture and development with an emphasis on delivering timely, accurate and consistent results.
- Support the commercial due diligence on major project development and acquisition opportunities and support the structuring of transaction terms and conditions with the investment target or prospective client.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the EPCOR Long Term Plan
- On an ad hoc basis, provide analytic related services.
- Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
What’s required to be successful
- An undergraduate degree in Business or Economics
- Post Graduate degree, CPA, CA, CFA, CBV or MBA is desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing complex financial valuation models
- Demonstrated experience in creating complex and accurate financial and quantitative models. Statistical and financial mathematics competency.
- A working knowledge of advanced risk management, commercial services and legal agreements would also be considered an asset.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Application deadline: October 29, 2020
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.