Portfolio Analyst, Investment Strategy
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Portfolio Analyst is an integral part of the greater Investment Strategy team which oversees many Parametric strategies and communicates with investors about them.
Portfolio Analysts evaluate investment alternatives for prospective clients, particularly, how to transition a portfolio into Parametric’s Custom Core strategy. Independent judgement and critical thinking are required when constructing prospective portfolios and evaluating the associated investment consequences of a transition.
Portfolio Analysts serve as investment “engineers”, constructing hypothetical portfolios using optimization software and highlighting Parametric’s ability to manage tracking error and tax cost during a transition. This analysis is then used to determine whether and how a new account should fund. As each incoming portfolio is unique, Portfolio Analysts are expected to interpret the goals of the client, independently weigh risks of different investment options, and provide recommendations that align with client goals. A deep understanding of Parametric’s proprietary portfolio management process, critical thinking and the ability to exercise independent judgement are a must.
The position also requires an ability to build scale into processes, teamwork and collaboration across multiple departments, and an ability to provide exceptional service through timely and accurate analysis. This role provides an opportunity for career growth within the firm.
- Utilize proprietary optimization software to construct hypothetical equity index portfolios that fit the unique goals of prospective clients
- Explain the recommended result and portfolio optimization process as necessary
- Ensure timely and accurate response to all requests
- Build scalability into the team’s key business activities through process engineering and automation
- Write Python and VBA scripts to automate tasks
- Uphold department reputation through professionalism, accuracy, responsiveness and commitment to client service
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for prospects and clients, including portfolio risk decompositions, index blend backtests, and other analytical sales proposals
- Perform detailed review of client deliverables
- Participate in process improvement and technology development efforts
- Develop a specialized knowledge of all relevant Parametric products
- Develop a full working knowledge of the firm's structure, key personnel and organizational policies and procedures, in addition to a functional knowledge of a professional services environment
- Assume other responsibilities as required
- 4-year quantitative degree (eg: Math, Engineering, Physics or another Science) OR an industry related degree such as Economics or Finance
- Some programming experience, ideally in Python and/or VBA
- Strong math/quantitative skills and analytical writing ability
- High attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Must possess a high level of initiative and have a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to handle a heavy, deadline-oriented workload
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge
- Industry experience, secondary degree or concentration in related discipline such as finance or economics is a plus
- Familiarity with Factset, Bloomberg and other analysis tools is a plus