Wealth Management Senior Associate
The position is responsible for ensuring that client financial assets are invested in a manner consistent with each client’s investment policy statement and the firm’s investment philosophy. Secondarily, the position is responsible for directly and indirectly communicating the firm’s investment philosophy.
- Assist Wealth Management team as needed to develop, review, analyze, and update/adjust client Investment Policy Statements.
- Execute trades on behalf of existing clients to ensure compliance with client’s Investment Policy Statements.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, proactively assist with meeting preparation.
- Relay advice; communicate directly with some clients.
- Demonstrate timely and accurate completion of all tasks and projects; including maintenance of reporting system and data/trade/billing reconciliations.
- Help conduct research using firm resources and data to help Wealth Management team advance their offering.
- Share technical information and learning with other associates and teammates.
- Leverage referral tools and existing clients to develop business opportunities.
- Collaborate with team to increase average AUM per client.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and adoption of the company’s culture; working with mentor to further refine and develop understanding.
- Uses personal computer approximately 4-7 hours per day.
- Uses telephone and email to communicate with clients and brokerages firms, approximately 1-2 hours per day.
- Sits approximately 6-7 hours per day.
- Requires working under a moderate degree of stress with some variability in workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting required.
- CFA designation is a plus.
- CFP or Series 66 designation required, CFP is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of industry related experience.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good platform speaking and presentations skills.
- Very good customer service and customer retention skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and portfolio management software.
- Strong working knowledge of trading platforms and protocols.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word.
- Comfortable and effective in a dynamic, flexible work environment requiring high degrees of self-motivation and accountability.
About Austin Asset
Austin Asset is a fee-only registered investment advisor, based in Austin, Texas, with a 32-year history of private wealth management. Our mission is to bring clarity and purpose to wealth through authentic and enduring relationships. We provide objective advice by assembling teams of professionals with broad knowledge and experience. We are committed to preserving our clients’ trust, advocating for their long-term success, and intend to be retained for life.