Director of Public Markets Manager Research
The Director is the leader of the Public Markets Manager Research Team, the group within Meketa that performs due diligence on equity, fixed income, and hedge fund managers. The individual manages the asset class consultants and analysts who comprise the group that work with the firm’s consultants and other investment professionals. The Public Markets Team analyzes investment managers, monitors client investments and provides investment recommendations to the firm’s clients.
- Oversee the Public Markets manager research investment process.
- Chair the Marketable Securities Investment Committee, drive the agenda and oversee the development of the Meketa bullpen.
- Develop and execute an annual plan/Department Goals for the group. Ensure that the Public Markets Team is fully staffed to provide adequate coverage of the relevant asset classes and to respond to the needs of clients and consultants.
- Work with Meketa’s Emerging and Diverse Manager Committee to execute various initiatives related to emerging and diverse managers.
- Mentor, train and develop the talents of the analysts.
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of equity, fixed income and hedge fund managers.
- Identify promising new managers in the relevant asset classes.
- Draft, review and edit manager meeting notes and manager analyses.
- Present manager analyses at team meetings. Critique and edit the analyses of the investment analysts.
- Prepare, review and edit presentation documents and assist with recommendations to clients.
- Monitor the performance of managers with existing client investments.
- Write, edit and review client memos on managers as required.
- Attend client meetings as required in order to present manager search documents and review existing managers.
- Market the manager research services of the firm to prospective clients.
- Develop goals for the analysts and track productivity by monitoring selected metrics. Review analyst performance twice a year and write performance appraisals.
- Write and review investment white papers.
- Interact with the media in order to raise the profile of the firm.