Renewable Diesel Products Trader
Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. is a publicly listed company dedicated to the acquisition and build out of strategic midstream assets such as refineries, gas plants, pipelines, storage, rail, downstream and export assets.
Tidewater values its people more than anything else and our commitment to aligning corporate performance to individual performance is unparalleled. We are a fast-growing company and are consistently looking for great people to join our amazing team. If a culture of hard work, responsiveness, and results-driven is what you are seeking, we invite you to explore this opportunity at Tidewater.
Tidewater has an immediate opening for a Refined Products Trader. This positions title and level may be modified to align with the successful candidates’ qualifications and experience. This position will play a prominent role in developing and implementing Tidewater’s marketing strategy for current and growing downstream refined product volumes. This is a full-time position based in Calgary, AB.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Evaluating physical arbitrage opportunities in refined products with specific expertise in Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel commodities
- Analysis of RINS, Blenders Tax Credits and LCFS compliance obligations for both Canada and the US
- Executing physical deals in accordance with company risk management policies and procedures
- Quantitative analysis supporting marketing opportunities
- Coordinate with logistics team responsible for physical movements associated with refined products deals
- Assess and manage financial risk associated with physical deals
- 2+ years of experience with strong knowledge of Biodiesel commodity market and trading
- 1+ years of experience with LCFS and related renewable compliance
- Previous commodity trading and financial hedging experience
- Knowledge of refined product specifications
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills – advanced Excel including Excel modeling
- Detail oriented with very strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Possess a sense of urgency and accountability, ability to respond to tight deadline requirements
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate initiative by undertaking tasks independently
Please note this role requires a full-time commitment with evenings and weekend work required.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Marketing and Public Relations Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors