Senior Portfolio Manager
Operating in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment, QSuper manages around $113 billion in funds for over 585,000 members and is committed to working with our members so they can feel more confident they are making the best choices for their situation. QSuper Limited and QInvest Limited are ultimately owned by the QSuper Board of Trustees.
The QSuper Group has approximately 1,200 employees, and our culture is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do". Our employees bring this culture to life by behaving in line with our unique values which ensures our success through our actions every day.
Reporting into the Head of investment Strategy, the Senior Portfolio Manager, will work as part of a highly specialised in-house investment strategy team. The Investment Strategy team is responsible for introducing new exposures into the portfolio and for asset allocation, including dynamic asset allocation. The team also specifies the securities allocation in the equities and fixed interest portfolios. Working in this fast-paced team environment, the role will see you collaboratively engaging with various stakeholders across the broader QSuper group.
As Senior Portfolio Manager, Quantitative Analysis & Solutions you will be responsible for designing and delivering detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of the risk and return outcomes delivered by the Investment Strategy team.
QSuper’s investment strategy is relatively unique in Australia. The team is focused on whole of portfolio outcomes, with individual asset class outcomes secondary to this overall objective. As such the successful candidate will need the capacity to think outside the box to deliver tools that capture these priorities as part of the performance assessment approach.
As quality investment performance analysis is implemented and automated, the Senior Portfolio Manager will have the opportunity to contribute to other quantitative tools and processes within the investment process.
At QSuper, we value flexible working arrangements, however we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We’re open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you, which may include the opportunity to work from home or flexible hours.
Please note that the location for this role is temporarily ‘work from home’ due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. When these requirements are lifted, this role will be based at its former primary location of Brisbane CBD.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Senior Portfolio Manager will demonstrate some or most of the below:
- Relevant qualifications in Finance, Mathematics, Business/Commerce or Economics;
- Ideally having acquired, or acquiring, post graduate qualification in relevant discipline (eg, CIPM, CFA, PhD);
- Detailed knowledge of performance attribution methodologies and their impacts including, asset class return drivers and roles they play in multi-asset portfolios;
- Direct experience of managing the investment strategies and or portfolios of large superannuation funds in Australia or other similar countries;
- Knowledge of portfolio construction methods and how the various elements of the portfolio interact and impact portfolio objectives;
- Expert knowledge of best practice investment strategy techniques for large Accumulation and Defined Benefit funds globally;
- Well-developed analytical, written and presentation skills with the ability to interpret and communicate investment strategy and policy issues;
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment;
- A desire and proven ability to lead and develop staff;
- Understanding of programming languages such as VBA, SQL, R, Matlab;
- Develop practical methodologies to assess investment decisions outside of traditional methods; and
- A highly developed ability to solve complex problems by providing options, support and recommendations to senior management, governing boards and other key stakeholders to ensure the integration of strategic processes that meet fund and member outcomes.
At QSuper we are proud to champion respect and we value diversity amongst our employees to support an inclusive workplace. We are passionate about selecting talented people based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role.
What you do today, inspires tomorrow
Click on the 'Apply’ button and follow the prompts. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 25th October 2020.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interview.
We choose to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this opportunity, so if you’re interested, please apply.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Equities Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) jobs in Full Time