Futures Risk Analyst
Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes importing/exporting, manufacturing, and wholesale distribution of lumber. Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry's sustainable future. Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant and breathtaking Lonsdale Quay.
Olympic Industries is currently searching for a highly motivated and passionate Futures Risk Analyst to join our growth-oriented team.
Reporting to Senior Management, the Futures Risk Analyst will work closely with Management and Traders to provide seamless support such as analyzing financial risks, identifying opportunities, creating high-level reports, and educating employees on futures.
- Identifying opportunities relating to pricing, hedging, and trade strategies.
- Analyzing and determining financial risks to help Traders make sound investment decisions.
- Brainstorming with Traders to employ more efficient trading strategies.
- Communicating with Traders about opportunities for future investments.
- Acting as the in-house expert on derivative risk management, regulation, documentation and implementation.
- Liaising with Traders and Management on market movements.
- Training New Hires on futures.
- Providing ongoing education to experienced Traders on future strategies and insights.
- Executing trades on behalf of the Traders electronically or by phone.
- Create and update various reports and tools to support the business
- Tracking and analyzing trade profitability.
- Completing daily and monthly reconciliation including mark-to-market reports.
- Developing and testing trading strategies.
- Preparing market forecasts and risk analysis regularly.
- Recognizing and addressing unexpected market behaviour, dislocations, and other events that affect trade strategies.
- Analyzing the fluctuations of buying and selling commodity futures contracts.
- Building and maintaining analytical models to provide a dynamic analysis of the business.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related program such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with financial markets.
- CFA, FRM, PRM designations considered an asset.
- Experience in data and time series analysis is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to perform technical analysis on future contracts.
- Excellent understanding of various derivatives such as swaps, options, and futures.
- Expertise in physical commodity products and risk management
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills prepared to optimize reward/risk ratios.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with good judgement and discretion; keeping sensitive business data secure
- A high degree of initiative, work ethic, integrity, and honesty.
- High-energy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Why Join Us?
- Work hard, play hard company culture
- Employee stock ownership plan
- On-site gym and showers
- On-site kitchen
- Extended health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance and scholarship programs
- Easy access to the mountains and oceans
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
More searches like this
- Actuarial Services Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Brokerage Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Commodities Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Compliance/Regulatory Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Economics Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time