The Trust Company of Vermont is seeking an Investment Officer interested in pursuing a long-term career in the fiduciary industry. The qualified individual should have a minimum of 5 years of direct portfolio management experience preferably within the fiduciary industry. The candidate must be able to think critically and objectively, be able to communicate effectively- both verbally and in writing with clients of various ages and different levels of investment knowledge and be able to work independently. The ideal candidate will also have a “pitch-in” attitude who is willing to take on other tasks to help get things done.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Meet with prospective clients to present our services and communicate our investment approach.
- Meet with existing clients regarding investment objectives, security selection, investment performance, market conditions and financial planning issues.
- Participate in the Trust Investment Committee (TIC)
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in developing, evaluating, monitoring and maintaining trust portfolios preferably within trust financial services.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of trust investments including asset allocation, principals of diversification, market strategy, and portfolio construction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as a high comfort level with technology.
The Trust Company of Vermont (TCV) is a state-chartered trust and investment management firm for individuals and families. Headquartered in Brattleboro, we have offices in Burlington, Rutland, and Manchester. The Trust Company was chartered as of September 16,1999 and became the state’s first independent trust company. TCV has grown from a zero base to nearly 2 billion dollars in managed assets.
As an “employee-owned” and locally controlled organization, TCV is structured to remain a Vermont-based company in perpetuity. Immune to the effects of corporate consolidation, TCV provides a stable environment for both its clients and staff and offers its employee-owners a generous benefits package including ownership in the company through an ESOP. As opposed to a one size fits all approach, TCV provides their employees with the freedom to exercise independent judgment in how they go about meeting our goal of providing clients with the highest possible level of personal service. TCV strongly encourages lifelong development of career skills.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors