Senior Portfolio Manager - Insurance/Annuity
The Portfolio Manager works as part of a team responsible for various strategies within Fixed Income Solutions with a specific focus on the US Insurance, US Pension Risk Transfer and USD Global Annuity investments. This Portfolio Manager will be expected to integrate within the US team and also develop daily working relationships with our London based counterparts and all US based internal counterparts.
- Directly responsible for the portfolio management of all on balance sheet accounts within LGIMA that are being managed for Legal & General Group domestically or internationally.
- Monitor portfolio position exposures and risk analytics for all managed accounts.
- Construct trade orders to be executed by Central Dealing Team.
- Monitor portfolio positions and trade orders for compliance with client guidelines.
- Generate purchase or sell orders to meet client contributions, withdrawals or other ad hoc needs.
- Manage portfolio cash balances and ensure cash balances are consistent with product guidelines and current investment strate
- Review and resolve any potential pre/post trade compliance breaches.
- Liaise with other departments internally including Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Investment Operations and Insurance Solutions.
- Implement investment decisions derived from credit strategy meetings with respect to portfolio management activitie
- Direct involvement with internal client investment, pricing and risk teams to ensure that portfolio structure and composition adhere to applicable requirements.
- Work closely with credit research team members on portfolio construction and monitoring, while owning all portfolio management responsibilities.
- Preparation of marketing presentations and reports for clients. Ownership of all investment and risk related client service meetings pertaining to the internal client.
- Complete ad hoc requests from internal clients including security analysis, portfolio modeling, new deal pricing and investment rotation.
- Applicable fixed income experience of greater than 10 years desired, CFA or MBA preferred
- Job appropriate fixed income and portfolio management skills essential.
- Ability to take ownership for assigned responsibilities independently and accurately.
- Strong Bloomberg and Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of structured products, Pension Risk Transfer, and LDI desired.
EOE Statement As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.