The LGIMA Distribution team is currently seeking an Investment Director.
Our new team member will be responsible for building relationships with institutional consultants and plan sponsors, expanding LGIMA’s market share across our full product suite. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience across a range of investment strategies including Fixed Income, Liability Driven Investing, Multi-Asset Solutions, and Index with an ability to deliver our full suite of investment solutions to institutional clients. We are looking for an experienced senior team member who can help us maintain and leverage our leadership position in the DB space to grow a complementary DC leadership position in the years ahead.
Founded in 2006, Legal & General Investment Management America (LGIMA) is a fast-growing investment management firm that manages USD $213 billion (as of June 30, 2020). We bring a solutions-driven approach to meeting the needs of institutional clients, with a focus on both defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) plan sponsors. LGIMA is a leader in long duration fixed income, custom liability-driven-investments (LDI), equity index, smart beta, and ESG solutions; and we are committed to continued expansion of our suite of capabilities and offerings to meet client needs.
- Build relationships with institutional plan sponsors (DB & DC) and consultants utilizing strong listening skills, problem solving and collaboration.
- Work with the head of distribution to construct and execute a comprehensive business plan in the territory that results in attainment of key sales goals.
- Become an expert in our full range of investment offerings, delivering them to clients to help effectively and expertly solve client problems.
- Raise brand awareness and perceptions of LGIMA through attendance at industry conferences, being an ambassador for the firm.
- Act as the "voice of the client," relaying important client feedback to the entire LGIMA team, including Marketing, Investments, Solutions, Client Services, Legal, etc.
- Minimum Experience 15+ years of Institutional Sales/Consultant relations role or similar function for an asset manager
- Deep experience and a proven track record building relationships and helping raise DB and DC assets and with a broad rolodex / network of consultants and plan sponsors.
- Deep knowledge of investments, in particular LDI and Multi-Asset
- Key Personal Attributes: Entrepreneurial spirit, accountable, results-oriented, self-starter, positivity, high level of emotional maturity/intelligence, consensus builder, mentor, listener
- Key Skills: strong business development discipline, strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive presentation skills, investment competence across asset classes and strategies, client-driven and also business-driven
- College degree required; MBA a plus; CFA and/or CAIA a plus; Series 3 a plus
EOE Statement As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.