The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Investment Analyst opportunity within the Treasury office.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Investment Analyst will play a key role in supporting the operations of the Treasury office.
- Initiate transfer of funds between investment managers, or between the endowment and operating cash, including transfers for new investment manager hires, portfolio rebalancing, and capital calls/distributions
- Complete monthly investment accounting and performance reporting
- Assist in the completion of investment manager contracts and annual documentation requirements
- Record cash transfers on an on-going basis for management and Board reporting
- Maintain electronic database of investments for the University by filing contracts, performance reports and correspondence from investment managers
- Meet with investment managers and assist in due diligence process
- Track documents of managers to ensure we have received necessary on-going due diligence documents and assist in annual audit
- Manage daily cash of the University by accessing the University’s bank balances, estimating daily cash inflows and outflows based on projected deposits and withdrawals and transferring cash, as needed, between the University’s bank account and short-term investment account
- Inform CIO of the cash balances at the bank and US Bank on a daily basis
- As part of completing daily cash, review, validate and initiate wire transfer and ACH requests from the University community
- Perform administrative tasks for the office including paying department invoices, monitoring department budget and other duties as assigned
- Assist in the on-going compliance with IRS regulations by ensuring proper documentation of construction expenses and completion of on-going documentation, such as arbitrage calculations, are maintained on the Treasury Office’s debt management software
- Coordinate with the Development Office and investment broker for receipt of gifts in the form of securities (public and private)
- Confirm sale of securities and track those yet to be sold
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with investment related coursework
- Two years of investment or treasury experience, which may include internships
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and investment performance reporting, financial markets including investment securities, treasury management, budgeting, financial analysis, and budgeting; preparation of internal and Investment Committee management reports
- Knowledge and experience of investment performance software, such as Backstop
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer