Manager, Investor Engagement (Climate Action 100+)
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manager, Investor Engagement (Climate Action 100+)
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
The Manager, Investor Engagement will collaboratively organize and coordinate investor engagements, including escalation strategies and tactics, with North American based companies on the focus list in alignment with the goals of the initiative. This position will collaborate, as required, with other relevant Ceres’ initiatives and staff responsible for related campaigns and companies. The Manager, Investor Engagement will work with other staff members of Ceres North America Engagement Working Group, one of five working groups charged with driving company-by-company engagements with a subset of focus companies. This is a full-time salaried position, based out of Ceres’ Boston or San Francisco office, and reporting to the Senior Director of the CA100+ initiative.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Supporting the Investor Network
- Manage and deepen Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers, serving a dedicated portfolio of investors
- Recruit strategic new asset owner and asset manager members to the Investor Network from both the U.S. and Canada and encourage their action on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues
- Support Ceres’ Investor Network relationship management system and system for tracking member engagement and activities focused on the above issues/risks
- Promote “sustainable investment” policies and practices that incorporate ESG factors into the investment decision-making process
- Partner with the Investor Network Director in working with the Communications team, and developing media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases and blogs.
- Research, write, and edit communications with Investor Network members, including contributions to website, newsletter, reports and other publications
- Partner with the Senior Director or Senior Manager in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Ceres Development Team
- Participate in planning and organizing Ceres annual conference and program events for both the Investor Network and the Food Program
- Where appropriate, supervise interns or other staff on projects.
- Travel as necessary for relationship management purposes.
Supporting the CA100+ Initiative
- Partner with the Senior Director and Senior Manager to achieve various investor-related engagement goals and strategies.
- Manage implementation and deliverables for assigned grant reporting requirements
- Identify opportunities and implement avenues to advance Ceres goals on greenhouse gas emitters through projects and activities with Investor Network members.
- Advise and support Ceres’ CA100+ Initiative in direct outreach, calls, meetings, and presentations with investors on deforestation risks
- Manage annual projects surveys, and other investor related research on GHG impacts to climate change
- Achieve visibility for Ceres CA100+ work by helping to organize and manage panels and speaking at investor-facing global events
- Minimum of five years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in ESG investing or on sustainability-related issues.
- An understanding of institutional investors and financial markets
- Experience designing and leading campaigns or other significant and complex projects characterized by changing dynamics and myriad stakeholder relationships.
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables
- Strong strategic thinking and tactical skills, and ability to mobilize constituencies toward identified goals
- Experience developing, managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with investors, multiple partners and/or companies
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organization, writing, and project management skills to include excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using a Bloomberg Terminal and Salesforce is a plus
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning and a willingness to become proficient in ESG data, frameworks and reporting
- Self-starter with an ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.