Compliance Business Analyst
Compliance Business Analyst – Legal & Compliance
Full Time, Calgary, AB or Toronto, ON
Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit for excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title and tenure.
We are seeking a Compliance Business Analyst to be the technology lead for the Legal & Compliance team in the implementation of SimCorp Dimension (SCD), our new front-to-back solution. The successful applicant will participate in this multi-year implementation initiative and, once launched, will provide ongoing support to Legal & Compliance.
Additional responsibilities will include supporting the implementation of core compliance technologies, create custom reporting, and enhance the sustainability of our global compliance program. The Compliance Business Analyst will report to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in the implementation of SCD’s compliance function in collaboration with both the Legal & Compliance and the Business Technology teams
- Support the implementation of compliance technologies and facilitate their integration using various data sources
- Provide on-going support and training to Legal & Compliance team for SCD and core compliance technologies
- Enhance regulatory monitoring systems and reporting functions
- Implement automated data validation solutions to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies for trade supervision, systemic risk monitoring, AML, and other testing programs
- Develop and maintain business requirements documentation for current and future compliance systems
- Continuously identify areas for process improvements; expand technology use in the assessment of vulnerabilities and risk management
- Provide ongoing training to the Legal & Compliance team members as new solutions and technologies are implemented or become available
- Support the Legal & Compliance team overall and provide back-up for the other members of the team
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a business analyst with direct involvement in the compliance program at a portfolio manager/investment management firm in Canada
- Experience with the implementation of SimCorp’s compliance module or front office solution
- Experience with coding rules in a compliance module, such as SimCorp, Charles River, Bloomberg, etc.
- Experience with report and dashboard development in Salesforce, PowerBI, or similar reporting and analytics tools
- Post-secondary degree in either information technology, engineering, finance, or accounting, is preferred
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) may be an asset
- CFA or progress towards the charter would be an asset
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel is required
- Able to communicate complex technical requirements in plain language to team
- Act as a translator between Business Technology and the Legal & Compliance team
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent client service
- Knowledge of business process documentation as well as business process reengineering
- Knowledge of the investment management industry
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, basic SQL, or Oracle
- Ability to focus independently and also contribute effectively as part of a team
- We are one of the most respected investment management firms in Canada. This role will directly contribute to our growth in discretionary portfolio management within our global investment firm.
- Weprovide the opportunity to learn and work alongside high-performing individuals, within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%).
- We are a highly professional meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals have the opportunity to progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- Mawer offers the potential for ownership over time based on the firm’s selection criteria.
- We have an exceptional and celebrated work culture, one that emphasizes excellence, integrity, teamwork, and long-term thinking.
Applicants should visit http://www.mawer.com/careers/ to view this job posting and other Current Opportunities. Please submit your résumé and cover letter by October 7th, 2020. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services across all major asset classes to a broad range of individual and institutional clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to earn such respect by continually delivering long-term investment excellence, developing strong client partnerships, and living our core values. Mawer currently has over $67 billion in assets under management and employs over 200 people across locations in Calgary, Toronto, and Singapore.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.