Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to Mimi Drake at email@example.com.
About Permit Capital Advisors
Permit Capital Advisors, LLC (“PCA”) is a privately-owned, independent investment advisory firm established in 2011. We are a firm of highly experienced and accomplished professionals, with tremendous opportunity for growth. PCA focuses on the investment needs of institutions and high net worth investors and manages approximately $1 billion on their behalf. PCA provides objective advice on a wide variety of global asset classes and investment structures, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity partnerships, separate accounts, ETFs, and individual private deals.
The Research Associate will be a key member of a small, flexible and highly-skilled investment team. The Associate will play an integral supporting role in monitoring existing investments and evaluating new opportunities. This position offers a variety of ways to contribute and would help the Research Associate broaden and improve fundamental skills needed to succeed in the wealth management and investment fund industries. The Associate will learn first-hand from senior investment professionals. Because deep knowledge and experience are important to maximizing Research Analyst’s impact, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with our investment team for a minimum of 2-3 years.
- Assist senior team members in all aspects of investment due diligence.
- Collect and review all communication from external managers, including performance letters, exposure reports, news articles and regulatory filings.
- Participate in meetings and calls with fund managers. This will require occasional domestic travel, and possibly international travel.
- Record conversations with external investment managers in a detailed set of notes.
- Help source new investment ideas and serve as an initial screen for inbound investment opportunities.
- Maintain a database of existing and potential investment managers.
- Complete regular quantitative analyses on existing fund investments.
- Perform administrative tasks to support the research team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of achievement.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- 2-6 years of work experience (less is acceptable, depending on individual circumstances).
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative), with a high level of attention to detail.
- Good understanding of investment concepts. Experience selecting traditional funds or alternative / hedge fund managers is a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- CFA candidacy/designation or MBA degree is an asset.