Investment Manager (Asset Allocation)
Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Strategic Asset Allocation ("SAA") process, including the generation of Capital Market Assumptions and recommending an appropriate SAA for the family office.
- Monitor and ensure that our family office existing asset allocation is within appropriate limits and guidelines. In this regard, to escalate asset allocation issues in response to an evolving market conditions, when necessary, on a timely basis.
- Monitor actively developments within global capital markets and assist in collating and formulating market views from counterparties, including appointed external managers.
- Assist in building and maintaining framework for monitoring capital markets: fundamentals, technicals, and valuations to source out investment opportunities and to derive quarterly overview of capital markets.
- Source, evaluate, and recommend external managers, focusing on liquid alternative strategies and multi asset mandates. From time to time, mandates may extend beyond these.
- Monitor appointed external managers for various mandates on both performances and corporate and investment team developments, with the objective of ensuring that these managers continue to perform as appointed.
- Recommend actions on these appointed managers, if they have failed to perform as expected or due to adverse developments that will impair their ability to perform.
- Assist in the construction of viable internal investment vehicles, via ETF or otherwise, for implementing certain strategies/asset classes.
- Comply with all internal process with regards to execution and the introduction of new strategies and/or external managers.
- Build and maintain good, close working relationship with institutional and private banking counterparties as source of ideas, data
- A good degree, preferably with professional qualification, like CFA, CAIA
- At least 5 years of relevant investment experience, i.e., in asset allocation and external managers/funds evaluation, with credible organisation(s). Verifiable good track record is an advantage.
- A good understanding of capital markets, unique characteristics of asset classes, and available investment vehicles to implement the decided asset allocation.
- A pleasant personality and good communicator, the person must have the drive to excel in tasks given.
- A good team player with integrity, able to work independently as well as with colleagues in both offices. Versatile and positive attitude towards tasks given.