Vice President - Finance Digitization
Reporting dually to (and supporting) the SSGA VP Information & Systems (Globally) and the SSGA Bangalore FP&A LFO. Additionally supporting the SSGA business leaders in the areas of:
- Reporting, Planning & Analysis
- Performance and Analytics
- Business Decision Support
- Management Analytics
The incumbent with be the primary Finance business partner for all of "Information & Systems" and AUM. The incumbent will work closely with local, central SSGA and State Street Corporate Finance teams to ensure all aspects of the Financial Processes are operating efficiently and effectively. The incumbent will lead and manage the teams responsible for the operations, development and maintenance of SSGA's Financial Data Warehouse and associated Business Intelligence applications. These teams maintain and operate the current systems and applications, determine and develop new applications and provide data and process knowledge expertise to the Finance community as well as other non- Finance teams.
The incumbent should have a varied background within the investment management industry which integrates Finance Process, Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Reporting, Project Management and IT Development. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface successfully with senior management positions.
Major responsibilities to include:
- Lead the development of data visualization tools for senior management- Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, etc.,
- Lead Finance development efforts regarding business intelligence applications and data
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve efficiency or decision support intelligence through automation or development projects
- Lead Finance product profitability unit (CAPS), to fully maximize channel, client and product profitability tool. Continuously improve cost and profitability analytics
- Lead Product Master (Finance) application and continue to leverage it for betterment of reporting to Senior Leadership.
- Lead and Support Pricing and BAC efforts including Product development and new product launches.
- Lead AUM function in India and collaborate with Business location to ensure accuracy of the reports.
- Lead and act as PoC for all interactions with IT teams in ensuring the projects are prioritized, deployments are properly monitored and documented, go-live is managed to meet organizational objectives. This includes; Analyzing and identifying development priorities, Preparing detailed and accurate business requirements, Developing and implementing effective business acceptance testing programs, Ensuring timely completion of development projects.
- Consistently engage at all levels as a senior expert from a functional, organizational and business context expert.
- Must have excellent understanding and command of various data structure, process knowledge and contextual understanding.
- Must have extensive experience in building and maintaining key Finance applications as part of a Global team. Must have a strong understanding of the business across all its levels.
- Strategic Analysis and decision support to the business/functional heads. Must possess outstanding analysis and insight skills.
- Analyzing and forecasting financial risks and opportunities vis-à-vis Budgets, Forecasts and Plans; active and creative cost allocation methodologies.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for Financial review with senior management
- Maintain relationships and oversight of finance support teams to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
- Work with business leaders to analyze market, competitor and regulatory landscape, including key trends and report on key market competitiveness metrics
- Development of financial analytical models
- Support business development, M&A type analysis / assessments and related activities to include post-mortem ROI analysis
- Play a critical role in developing the talent pool. Must be a key advisor, coach and trainer for the team.
- 15 years' plus experience within Financial Planning and Analysis; Be extremely comfortable in accepting for self and providing challenge to the team.
- Financial Services experienced required, Investment Management industry preferred.
- MBA/CFA/CPA/CMA/ACCA/CA - preferably Business analysis and project management background with extremely thorough, precise and documentation oriented.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office, data visualization required (preference for experience in one or all of VBA, Essbase, SmartView, Oracle Tableau and Alteryx)
- Detail oriented, well organized, high standards of accuracy and precision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting priorities. Ability to interact with and manage expectations of Senior Management.
- Enquiring mind, curious with solid problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to shift easily between individual and team-oriented deliverables and groups, be a strong team player, leader and client focused individual.
- Must be flexible in addressing onshore/offshore time zone.