Credit Research Investment Director
Job Description and Duties
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the supplemental questionnaire located here. Applications received without completeing the questionnaire will not be considered.
Our Global Fixed Income program is currently seeking an Investment Director to oversee and direct staff in the development of corporate credit research and strategy and provide back-up portfolio management capabilities for CalPERS Short Term Investment Fund (STIF), Investment Grade and other internal High Yield portfolios and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and management of the CalPERS internal credit analyst staff,establish credit process and priorities and develop risk monitors
- Identify and develop internal and external fundamental research of credit trends andquantitative tools with market-based analytics
- Back-up portfolio manager for the CalPERS STIF and the Investment Grade portfolios
- Lead GFI's effort in meeting the requirements of the United Nations Principles forResponsible Investment (UNPRI) and the integration of Environmental, Social andGovernance (ESG) into portfolio analysis and management
- Maintain and expand contacts with professional peers through professional organizations,rating agency analysts, broker/dealer analysts, syndicate and strategists as a source ofvaluable investment information that could enhance the returns of the CalPERS domesticinvestments portfolios
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.