Research Analyst, Public Equity
JOB TITLE: Research Analyst, Public Equity
Founded in 2002, SCS is a well-established and growing investment and wealth management firm serving ultra-high net worth families, family offices, and institutional investors. We manage over $20 billion in assets across public and private investment markets globally. We are a discretionary manager using an open architecture platform, focusing on strategic and tactical asset allocation on behalf of our clients and then selecting best-in-class managers to invest across the spectrum of fixed income, public equity, hedge funds, private equity, private credit, and private real assets.
As a member of the Public Equity team, the candidate will be responsible for conducting market & macro research, analyzing third party managers, and building presentations that summarize SCS’ investment philosophy, performance, & views. A key part of this role entails qualitative (e.g. understanding investment strategy, macro-forces) and quantitative (e.g. valuations, performance drivers, economic stats) research as it pertains to SCS’ existing and prospective investments, as well as our outlook for the market. The role requires strong technical & modeling skills, as well as the ability to synthesize detailed analysis into compelling presentations. We are looking for an intellectually curious team player who is a self-starter with good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Conduct macro & market research to help the investment team better understand the current environment and form a view on how the economy may evolve going forward. This also includes analyzing public equity investment opportunities across regions, sectors, market-caps or styles, and developing an opinion regarding return potential.
- Analyze external managers from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective. This will entail having calls (or meetings) with portfolio managers & analysts, developing a thorough understanding of the philosophy & process, and quantitative analysis on returns to differentiate between beta & alpha.
- Develop investment collateral (in both written and presentation format) to be delivered to a variety of stakeholders (existing clients, prospective clients, and internal employees), based on analyses undertaken directly by the candidate and team members.
- We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years of experience (buy-side or sell-side)
- Strong technical & modeling skills with an understanding of fundamental equity research & macro-economic analysis
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills with the ability to express complex ideas succinctly
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to deliver finalized material for external consumption
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and manage workload to respond to shifting priorities
- High level of proficiency in Bloomberg, MS Excel, and PowerPoint; Experience with MPI, Pertrac, VBA a plus
- CFA charterholder, or coursework towards the designation, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree. Financial and non-financial (e.g., marketing, communications, and writing) areas of study alike are encouraged to apply
SCS Financial is an equal opportunity employer.