Director of Investment Operations
Winthrop Capital Management, a leading investment advisory firm in Indianapolis, is seeking to add an accomplished and motivated individual to our investment team as a Director of Investment Operations.
Winthrop Capital Management was founded in 2007. We implement value-oriented investment strategies in both equity and fixed income portfolios and serve both institutional and individual investors. Our goal is to provide outstanding long-term investment performance results consistent with the risk tolerance and investment constraints of each client. We seek to provide the highest level of service to our clients to help them achieve their investment objectives.
Our goal is to help our clients achieve successful financial outcomes in relation to their specific investment management objectives. To accomplish this, we focus on long-term goals and create solutions that will realistically help clients achieve those goals with minimum risk.
Director of Investment Operations
The Director will be responsible for leading and managing the Investment Operations team. This role reports to the President and directs managers and staff in operations to support investment management, trade settlement and client reporting for the firm. This includes daily data integrity, reconciliation, monthly closing process, performance measurement, compliance reporting and trade settlement. This person ensures that portfolio data is accurate and timely and assists in the resolution of reconciling items. It is a priority for the Director to build efficiencies and improvements within the Operations Team and the software.
· Manages operations team and establishes both individual and departmental priorities
· Identifies and implements process improvements and automation through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
· Demonstrates effective project management, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring objectives are met
· Oversees existing policies and procedures and develop or delegate development of new policies and procedures as needed or required to ensure accuracy, internal controls, and risk mitigation
· Assures the timely settlement for trades with internal policy and procedures meets industry standards
· Collaborates with the President to build, manage and track a department budget
· Collaborates with external auditors on annual audit processes
· Continually refines internal documentation and operations manual
· Integrates technology systems and improves data management
· Works cross-functionally with departments to ensure work and relationships are client service-oriented and produce solutions for efficiencies and compliance
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
· 7+ years of financial services or philanthropy experience and superior knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
· 5+ years experience in leading, coaching, motivating and developing a high performing team
· Additional certifications or training in LEAN / Six Sigma / Agile methodology desired
· Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability
· Experience leading the reporting or operations function at an asset management firm
· Strong project management skills including overseeing multiple project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring client needs are met
· Significant external customer facing experience and client service accountability
· Agility to shift priorities, cross-train and contribute to individual, team and company priorities
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and data analysis
· Experience with operational due diligence, performance reporting, attribution and operational workflows
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal
Job Type: Full-time
Winthrop Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Amy Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.