The Associate Analyst is responsible for supporting the team’s efforts to analyze and invest client assets in smaller, exchange-listed U.S. growth companies. Additionally, Associate Analysts construct valuation models for stock-listed U.S. companies and perform in-depth industry analysis and research.
• Conduct supporting due diligence on smaller U.S. based companies by communicating with industry participants and tracking domestic business news.
• Model and analyze financials of U.S. domiciled companies.
• Support Equity Analysts as they advise portfolio managers on relative attractiveness of individual U.S. equities.
• Monitor and help Equity Analysts cover and predict various industry trends over time, across growth sectors such as health care, technology, consumer, financials, etc.
• Follow legislative and political developments that may bear on portfolio companies and the macroeconomic environment, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
• Give analytical help to Equity Analysts as they identify promising investment themes.
• Bachelor’s degree (showing a high level of academic achievement), in a subject that provides skills and context for supporting Equity Analysts in analyzing investments within the U.S.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Financial Analyst or Management Consultant.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry, and economic analysis.
• Proficiency with research tools, such as Microsoft Excel and database management.
• Eligibility to work in U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Fluency in English.
• Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable and take initiative on one’s own.
• High level of organization.
• Innovative thinking.
• Dynamic and confident personality with ability to make a persuasive argument.
• Progress toward the CFA designation.
• Experience with R, Python, SQL, or similar data mining tools preferred.
*Demonstrated track record of Academic success.
About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Full-Time / Part-Time
Job Family Group