Research Analyst - Japan/ Asia – Global Equities
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Cooper Investors
Cooper Investors (CI) is a Melbourne-based specialist equity fund manager established in 2001 and 100% owned by its employees. We invest over A$12 billion in Australian and international equities on behalf of our clients including large superannuation funds, religious institutions, State Government agencies, endowments, charities and high net worth families and individuals.
Our Global equities team invests in excess of A$2 billion in listed companies across Europe, North America, Japan and Asia.
We want to continue our success developing investors who have a strong willingness to learn The CI Way of investing and align with our cultural values - gratitude & humility; intentionality; curiosity & passion; being in the moment & present; and authenticity.
About the Role
Working within the Japan/Asia – Global Equities team, you will work in a close knit team led by Chris Dixon, Portfolio Manager and Geoff Di Felice Co-head of Japan/Asia, Global Equities.
The role will provide an exciting opportunity to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the CI Way of investing
- Develop accurate, thoughtful and timely analysis on assigned companies in accordance with The CI Way. Conduct forecasting, modelling and analysis of company’s characteristics
- Conduct deep dive on assigned companies or industries using desktop research, expert networks, company conference calls and visits
- Over time, originate investment ideas consistent with the CI Way
- Proactively develop rapport and relationships with industry contacts, information providers and investee companies
- Assist with marketing activities and various internal research projects, as directed by the Head of Japan/Asia, Portfolio Manager and/or CIO
- Undertake specific research tasks for the Global equities portfolios as set by the Head of Japan/Asia, Portfolio Manager or CIO
- Ensure CI Proprietary data base is filled out and updated on a timely basis
- Be up to date with stock and sector news and issues
- Ad-hoc tasks, other special projects or dealing as directed by the Head of Japan/Asia, Portfolio Manager and/or CIO
You have an undergraduate qualification in commerce, finance, accounting or a similar discipline. Pride yourself on being a passionate investor with strongly demonstrated analytical capability with between 5 to 7 years’ industry experience within funds management, investment banking, accounting or consulting. Demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and rapport building capability with colleagues, clients, industry contacts, information providers and investee companies. A willingness to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis to undertake thorough industry and company research.
In return you will learn industry best principles amongst leaders who have a wealth of experience to impart onto you. As an experienced investor yourself, we value your input. We acknowledge the beliefs, views and attitudes of others, while at the same time have clear, concise, and rational investment beliefs of our own. Join us on the journey.
CI also provides a supportive working environment with its core cultural values in mind, some benefits include: medical health assessments, wellness support such as meditation courses, massages, and a generous subsidy for gym membership.
Applications are strictly confidential and must be submitted via LinkedIn.
To be considered for the role you must include a tailored covering letter with your CV detailing:
- what you would bring to this role and to CI;
- your passion or affinity with the region; and
- experience against the role descriptors above.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those that have been successful in securing an interview. In advance, we thank you for your interest.
Applications close 25 September 2020.
Please note, we will not be accepting unsolicited Agency application