Walton Enterprises is seeking a qualified Investment Analyst to join the team in Washington, DC or in Bentonville, AR. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team and support multiple portfolios and handle several projects at once. The role requires someone who is organized and adaptable and who can work independently. The firm also supports the pursuit of CFA, CAIA, and other professional designations.
What you will do
You will need self-direction combined with the ability to be an effective team member. The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed an Investment Analyst internship or 1-2 years of work experience within the field.
- Support all aspects of portfolio management, from portfolio construction to day-to-day management
- Prepare capital markets and portfolio exhibits and other client presentation materials
- Support the creation of client portfolio updates, including regular performance and capital markets updates
- Participate in manager meetings and support the process of evaluating existing and potential investments
- Contribute to decision-making regarding asset allocation and overall portfolio structure
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelors’ degree (economics, finance, business or related field preferred) with a record of high academic achievement
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Fundamental understanding of investment principles and financial metrics
- Strong technical/quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems and execute complex financial analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and investment professionals
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work reliably with little oversight and collaborate as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual agility, ability to analyze and think critically, problem identification and resolution
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
Personal attributes that support your success
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises supports the personal, philanthropic and business activity for the Walton family. We are a family-led organization, supporting multiple generations of Sam & Helen Walton’s family.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.