SENIOR FIXED INCOME CREDIT ANALYST
We are seeking a highly motivated senior credit research analyst to work within our investment grade corporate bond team, responsible for over $13 billion of client assets invested in corporate fixed income securities of the $28 billion in total assets under management. The individual will be supporting the portfolio management team by performing in-depth research and relative value analysis to provide credit and industry recommendations. This position is located in downtown Chicago with some flexibility to work remotely under Company Policy (although current environment is largely work-from-home due to COVID-19).
• Recommend investment grade corporate Industrial and Utility sector credits based on in-depth fundamental and relative value analysis
• Develop comprehensive sector, company, and security views based on fundamental analysis and using proprietary tools
• Determine the relative value of credits and work with corporate trader and portfolio managers to develop performance and income oriented trade ideas
• Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations verbally and in writing, including industry presentations and published white papers. This includes presenting directly to clients and consultants.
• Attend industry events (currently virtual) and interact and form relationships with sell-side research analysts and other industry professionals
• Engage in constructive debate with AAM investment team via participation in investment strategy and economic meetings to develop house views
• Participate in small groups with others across the organization to improve the product and service offering for AAM clients, leveraging your passions and areas of expertise
• University degree in Economics or Finance is preferred. Accounting knowledge is mandatory
• More than 7 years experience in the fixed income capital markets covering Industrials and/or Utilities credits is mandatory. Underwriting experience is a plus, as we participate in the Private Placement market and structured credit related deals (e.g., EETCs).
• Studying or already qualified for CFA or MBA and/or desire to obtain the necessary qualifications once in the role
• Advanced skills within Excel are essential, as the position will require detailed financial modelling. Bloomberg experience is helpful.
• Ability to multitask, attention to detail and accuracy, sense of urgency, and flexibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A motivated, competitive, self-starter with the ability to work independently as part of a team-oriented organization
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter. Thank you in advance. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
AAM is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor dedicated solely to insurance asset management. Our talented and innovative team of experts is committed to generating the best investment ideas for our clients. With substantial expertise in portfolio management, in-house security research and superior service, we have distinguished ourselves in the industry. Our strength originates from our size, from our independent research capabilities and from our ability to invest around our client’s goals, needs and circumstances. AAM manages over $28 billion for more than 115 insurance clients throughout the United States. It has 46 employees located in a single office in Chicago, IL and was founded in 1982. AAM is privately owned by a combination of 18 AAM Member employees with a majority stake owned by Securian Financial, which is rated A+ by A.M. Best and is one of the largest and most stable financial services firms in the country.