Senior Investment Team Member
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to Mimi Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Permit Capital Advisors
Permit Capital Advisors, LLC (“PCA”) is a privately-owned, independent investment advisory firm established in 2011. We are a firm of highly experienced and accomplished professionals, with tremendous opportunity for growth. PCA focuses on the investment needs of institutions and high net worth investors and manages approximately $1 billion on their behalf. PCA provides objective advice on a wide variety of global asset classes and investment structures, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity partnerships, separate accounts, ETFs, and individual private deals.
The Senior Investment Team Member will be a key member of a small, flexible and highly-skilled investment team. This person will play an integral role in asset allocation decisions, portfolio construction, identifying and monitoring investment ideas in the core strategy, as well as in the impact investing and direct investment universes. This position offers a variety of ways to contribute and would benefit the team through the creation of portfolios that are designed to perform well in a variety of market conditions over the long term. The Senior Investment Team Member will have significant client interaction, either through ad hoc presentations about strategies and funds or through direct relationships. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in another investment advisory role.
- Work closely with team members in several aspects of asset allocation, portfolio construction and investment due diligence.
- Work closely with the team to continuously improve an already strong due diligence process. This requires an open mind and a respect for healthy, rigorous debate.
- Develop views on markets, trends or topics that are of interest to clients and write high quality pieces on these topics for distribution to clients and prospects.
- Be prepared to evaluate a variety of investment opportunities, including inbound ideas from clients. These investment opportunities could span core public market strategies as well as private direct opportunities and investments with a social impact component.
- The ability to move quickly to a decision about whether an idea is worth further consideration is a plus.
- This responsibility requires strong communication skills when communicating opinions internally and externally.
- Help to source some of these investment ideas.
- Participate in meetings and calls with fund managers. This will require occasional domestic travel, and possibly international travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of achievement.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- 10-15 years of work experience (less is acceptable, depending on individual circumstances).
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative), with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of investment concepts. Experience selecting traditional funds or alternative / hedge fund managers and contributing to asset allocation and portfolio construction processes.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience working closely with clients, either directly or as a resource to portfolio managers.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- CFA candidacy/designation or MBA degree is an asset.