Franklin Templeton is a leading global investment management organisation due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
Our Franklin Equity Global Growth team is seeking a buy-side Research Associate to join a high-performing team focused primarily on equity research for the team’s strategies, including the Franklin Global Growth Fund. The team seeks to invest primarily in equity securities of mid-to-large cap companies, including developing or emerging market countries. This position will be located in Sydney, Australia.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Identify and research names across all sectors for inclusion in the Franklin Global Growth Fund and other model portfolios
- Assist in the day to day management needs of the portfolio strategy and contributing to the investment decision-making process
- Additional responsibilities may include meeting with clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process, and performance of the specific investment products; and providing updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the team’s investment outlook
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or CFA preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience in fundamental equity research
- Candidates from institutional long only equity platforms or hedge funds (buy-side) are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in using fundamental research and modeling techniques to drive stock selection
- Intellectual persistence to tackle hard problems and develop insights from multiple angles
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate all facets of the investment process and strategy on behalf of investment team
- Effective relationship management skills and demonstrated credibility with investment team and distribution teams.
- Ability to support business development and client retention efforts
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Candidates must possess the right to work and live in Australia without restriction.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.