Senior Manager, Investment Management
Position Title: Senior Manager, Investment Management
Reports to: Director of Investments
Department: Client Engagement
Location: St. Louis, MO
Number of Direct Reports: 0
The Senior Manager serves as one of the main points of contact for client families in relation to their investment portfolio. The Senior Manager must have a passion for investing, reading and research. This includes a desire for continuous learning and the ability to effectively communicate both classic investment principals and new trends in the industry to clients who have varying levels of familiarity with the concepts. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with team members on the Client Engagement team, Argos Capital Partners (ACAP) and Argos Family Office (AFO) to deliver excellent client service.
- Manage client portfolios including creating asset allocation recommendations, researching specific strategies in each asset class and executing on the plan.
- Research client specific requests regarding niche market opportunities, individual stocks, mutual funds, Exchange Traded Funds, Private Equity funds and other one-off requests.
- Collaborate with team at ACAP and AFO to review client portfolios and prepare quarterly meeting presentations.
- Participate and / or lead small or large client meetings
- Execute trades ranging up to $10MM+ per transaction.
- College degree in related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation required.
- 10+ years of experience in investment research or wealth management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively converse with clients about a broad array of investment related issues
- Strong subject matter expertise in the following areas
- Equity index strategies
- Mutual funds
- Fixed income
- Private equity
- Real Estate
- Separately Managed Accounts
- 401(K) and retirement plans
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to lead meetings with clients with a variety of investment related experience.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build positive working relationships with others, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to details
- Microsoft office skills required including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Availability for some travel