Investment Management - Senior Analyst
Are you keen to make a difference in a dynamic organisation? Do you have a passion for putting the customer at the centre of everything you do?
We’re a fast-paced, dynamic Group at the cutting edge of building safe and recurring value for all of our stakeholders. Our core areas include: bespoke pension solutions, wrap platform, independent financial advisory, investment consultancy, research and due diligence, and more. We currently have £33bn Assets Under Management and are still growing.
This role is within Embark Corporate Services Limited, part of the Embark Group.
What you’ll do
Embark Investments is the Authorised Corporate Director of the Embark Horizon Fund range. The ACD outsources asset allocation and portfolio management to third parties.
As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for the oversight and governance of these relationships and supporting any investment or regulatory related changes to the management of the ACD’s funds.
In your role, you will follow the UK retail market for multi-asset solutions and work, together with the wider EIL team, on developing and launching new investment products. This role reports directly to the CEO of EIL.
- Be accountable for investment management oversight and portfolio risk management excellence for EIL
- Perform all daily and periodic procedures for EIL Portfolio Risk Management (risk profile monitoring, quarterly asset allocation reviews, investment and borrowing powers)
- Produce and validate data for Management Information (MI) reporting for the EIL Management Committee & EIL Board, as required
- Produce and validate data for EIL, the Analyst to submit for Regulatory reporting submissions (FCA, HMRC, other)
- Prepare project proposals/plans for new funds or changes to existing funds; co-ordinating with investment managers and managing the execution
- Prepare documentation and participate with the EIL CIO for the annual review to ensure that the funds and the funds’ documentation are fit for purpose
- Provide regular updates on key market trends in the UK multi-asset and risk-rated funds space for retail clients
- Participate in industry and regulatory forums to ensure EIL is playing a key role in future industry developments.
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Investment Management Certificate or equivalent relevant qualification
- Chartered Financial Analyst or working towards that qualification is highly desirable
- Degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Economics or Science)
- Self-drive, seeking continued development and self-improvement
- Multi-disciplinary expertise with significant investment knowledge and experience
- Ability to monitor portfolio risk and post-trade compliance
- Ability to raise issues when required and map out steps for resolution, working with internal and external parties
- Familiarity with relevant regulations e.g. AIFM, COLL, FUND 3.10, SYSC 8 (Outsourcing) would be advantageous
- Commitment to provide high quality work to occasionally pressing deadlines
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a desire to continue to improve processes and help drive the department forward.
Why join us
Our approach centres on four primary enablers: our expertise, access to leading technology, focus on consumers, and capital.
We believe in transparency and meritocracy; we want to give all of our people the opportunity to be the best they can be, sharing in our future success.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Apply now and join us on our journey.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors