Private Markets Senior Analyst
The Private Equity Team of our Investments division is seeking an experienced Investment Analyst to assist the Directors and Portfolio Managers will all reporting, tracking, performance measurement, and reconciliation related to the operations of Private Equity. The Private Markets Senior Analyst will assist in the sourcing, underwriting, and monitoring of investments in Global Private Equity and work under limited supervision within the guidelines established by the Board of Trustees-approved investment policy and division operating guidelines with some latitude for the use of independent judgment.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists in monitoring, researching, analyzing and recommending private equity general partners, funds, investments, and investment strategies.
- Supports legal and operations to ensure execution of investment transactions, capital calls, and distributions.
- Supports the Director and Portfolio Manager(s) of Private Equity in conducting due diligence in areas such as: General Partner background and history, portfolio performance vs. benchmarks, management team size, structure and experience, attribution analysis, investment strategy, deal flow and exit strategies, reference calls with CEOs, co-investors, lenders, LPs, competitors and support professionals.
- Travels domestically and internationally for due-diligence visits, industry conferences, GP Annual Meetings and other functions to develop the knowledge, resources and contacts necessary for quality research and analysis of available investment opportunities.
- Follows general economic developments and public and private equity and debt markets.
- Maintains communication with all general partners to ensure receipt of all necessary documentation related to reporting and investment monitoring.
- Upload and maintain all fund and company level data, private and public benchmarking data, foreign exchange rates, etc. in private markets tracking system.
- Design, prepare, and maintain standard reporting capabilities of private markets tracking system.
- Serve as relationship manager with third party software vendor.
- Produce ad-hoc reports for Private Markets.
- Reconcile fund flows and performance with custodian and consultants.
- Reconcile management fees, partnership expenses, and fee offsets with LPAs.
- Assist in property/company level valuation.
- Assist in operational due diligence.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings and fund ranking evaluations.
- Assists in maintenance of CRM system.
- Assist in evaluating LPA terms.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum 24 semester hours credit in finance, economics, accounting and/or management or a combination of the four. (Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for 12 semester hours of the specific course requirement).
- Three (3) years of full-time professional financial management, investment, or investment operations experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
3. Experience in financial institutions or as an alternative asset manager. Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics or accounting. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current participation in CFA program or certification as a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no Military Occupational Specialty codes associated with this position. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989