Senior CLO Analyst
The Senior CLO Analyst will be responsible for leading and assisting in the review of the collateral, servicing, and structural aspects of CLO deals. The Senior CLO Analyst will also be responsible for credit surveillance of existing positions, maintaining awareness of industry developments, and developing and producing credit risk surveillance reports for senior management.
- Research potential CLO debt and equity investments to include broadly syndicated, middle market, and bilateral loan deals, warehouse facilities, and combo note structures.
- Utilize GPIM underwriting guidelines, deal-specific cash flow modeling, and review of deal terms, as well as all available sources of information (e.g., offering/governing documents, roadshows, published research, news, financial reporting, rating agency reports, and market color) to create clear, comprehensive, and authoritative credit memoranda.
- Assist in and conduct presentations to Investment Committee. Review, explain and answer committee questions. Conduct timely, and accurate follow-up analysis
- Review deal term sheets and offering documents to understand key deal terms related to payment waterfall, collateral eligibility, deal performance triggers, and rights and authorities of key parties. Maintain knowledge of market terms and pricing to support efficient comparisons and negotiation of deal terms.
- Build cashflow models when necessary. Project impact of Investment Committee approved credit stresses on the cashflow, pricing, liquidity and rating of investments.
- Perform surveillance of investments and product areas, including reviewing performance reports and third party research, following news and developments, and interacting with internal/external subject matter experts.
- Research and recommend credit sells and other loss mitigation actions.
- Obtain and review investment reporting to support generation of ongoing monitoring reports. Create internal memos/emails to communicate developments to internal constituents (PMs, senior management, Investment Committee)
- Develop comprehensive understanding of GPIM models for risk and exposure reporting. Execute, maintain, and enhance those models.
- Participate in issuer, servicer, and manager meetings/calls to maintain knowledge of market developments and industry practices. Conduct high frequency monitoring of manager news and industry developments in the CLO and bank loan markets.
- Maintain updated cashflows and analytics for existing investments. Support CLO trading with timely refreshing of deal cashflows and key structural terms
- 7+ years of research, analysis, or structuring in CLOs
- MBA, CFA, or equivalent educational background.
- Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner.
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product.
- Experience in VB or Python programming, SQL, and technology systems development for structured finance applications is desirable.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
About the Firm
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Structured Products Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time