Associate Consultant, Investment Performance & Reporting New 81867 Requisition # 1 day ago Post Date Northern Trust Asset Management is looking for a self-motivated, detailed oriented, deadline driven candidate to join its Investment Performance Team. This person will be responsible for the investment performance reporting processes for diverse portfolio strategies including fixed income, equity and alternative assets. They will also provide investment performance analysis and support to Portfolio Management, Out Sourced Chief Investment Office, Product and Marketing teams as well as 3rd party distributors. In addition to strong problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to interact with various departments and levels of management within the company. The role requires a detailed individual who thrives in a deadline driven environment and is team-oriented and collaborative to deliver on work projects The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide investment performance and attribution analysis reporting for external and internal recipients
- Calculate and compile investment performance and characteristics information required for client reports
- Serves as the subject matter expert on specific Asset Management product offerings with familiarity across other product offerings.
- Identifies and implements improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Interfaces with portfolio managers, product and/or client servicing to understand servicing requirements and assists in identifying problem solving strategies.
- Sets up accounts, monitors and assures quality of data for clients and partners.
- Implement special processes/procedures to support specific requirements of individual clients.
- Participates in committee meetings or meetings with Sr. Management and may be asked to assist preparing information for those meetings.
- Mentors and participates in training of new analysts and junior analysts.
- Participates in special projects.
- Maintains records of client deliverables, deadlines and custom procedures.
- Keeps up with market conditions and developments in order to recognize and understand the market environment.
- Technical expertise and understanding of performance and attribution methodology
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of finance and investment vehicles in order to resolve inquiries of rate of return calculation and determine accuracy of reported data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Investment applications
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant proven work experience
- 3-5 years of investment performance and/or investment accounting experience preferred
- Pursuing a CFA, and/or CIPM designation preferred
- Sound understanding of equities, fixed income securities and alternatives (Private Equity and Hedge Funds)
- Prior investment management/industry knowledge