Senior Investment Officer, Public Markets
Senior Investment Officer – Public Markets
Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
The $77 billion Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM), an innovative and effective investment fund, seeks a Senior Investment Officer for the Public Markets investment team. Public Markets represents approximately 60% of PRIM’s PRIT Fund. The Senior Investment Officer will be a key member of the Public Markets team, which includes global equity and fixed income investments. The Senior Investment Officer will be responsible for monitoring existing managers, identifying, and researching new investment ideas, managing a team and attracting talent.
It is a great time to join PRIM as we are experiencing an exciting time of growth. Our team works hard on behalf of the Commonwealth, responsibly investing and growing the Massachusetts retirement fund for the benefit of our state and municipal employees and public-school teachers. PRIM offers a healthy work-life balance and is an inclusive employer seeking to foster a diverse, collaborative and curious culture.
Mass PRIM is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire talented individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures who will enhance the team by both contributing to their knowledge pool and maintaining the highest professional and fiduciary standards that guide Mass PRIM. Headquartered in Boston’s Financial District, Mass PRIM offers retirement and health benefit packages, competitive salaries, and advancement opportunities.
PRIM’s mission is to provide a professional investment service that maximizes the return on investment within acceptable levels of risk by broadly diversifying its investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high quality, innovative investment management firms, all under the management of a professional investment staff and members of the PRIM Board and its Committees.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Source new investment strategies; identify, evaluate, and perform due diligence on potential new managers.
- Monitor existing managers by analyzing philosophy, process, organization, risk, cost, and performance.
- Utilize and enhance quantitative tools and techniques in evaluating managers and new investment opportunities.
- Act as the primary liaison between asset managers and PRIM staff.
- Identify strategies that may be suitable for internal management. Develop business plans for new internal management proposals.
- Work with Strategies group to initiate and conduct investment strategy research.
- Monitor and analyze current managers.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in capital markets research and/or portfolio management in public equities or fixed income strategies.
- CFA, CAIA and/or a relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Proficiency in risk measurement and performance attribution packages such as Barra, Axioma, Northfield, FactSet or Bloomberg.
- Ability to comprehend, synthesize, evaluate, and clearly communicate complex financial concepts and solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders in and out of the organization.
It is the policy of the PRIM Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.