Research Analyst - Corporate Credit
2 days left
Who we are:
Merganser Capital Management, LLC, is a Boston-based investment firm offering asset management to institutional clients. We are a team of experienced and dedicated professionals focused on serving the fixed income investment needs of institutional clients. Since 1985, our team has worked to deliver consistent results and customized service. For more information, please visit www.merganser.com.
As a Research Analyst on the Corporate Credit team, you will have the opportunity to be an influential member of the investment team. You will assume coverage of multiple subsectors of the Corporate Bond market, underwriting risk of predominately Investment Grade issuers and executing on your investment ideas in a collaborative, team-based environment. You will analyze financial statements and cashflow models, develop proprietary risk models, and research sector specific data. The firm’s entrepreneurial environment demands a broad and adaptive skill set including developing and presenting materials for clients and prospective clients including pitch books, client facing research, and management presentations.
Ideal Candidates will have the following skills and characteristics:
- 2 to 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis from the perspective of a lender
- Resourceful team player with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent writing and research skills and ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise fashion both written and verbally
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving
- Comfortable working with complex models within Excel
- Ability to research and effectively summarize/synthesize relevant industry, competitive and transaction data
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work well with colleagues and team members, even under time pressure
- Demonstrate a high level of interest and passion for investment management and fixed income
- CFA® charterholder or enrollment in the CFA program
- Live in, or ability to relocate to, Boston, MA
Merganser Capital Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.