Balance Sheet Management Director
The Balance Sheet Management Director is responsible for working across Product, Treasury, FP&A and Business Line Finance to analyze, model and drive the strategic direction and the evolution of SVBs balance sheet. The position ensures that SVBs growth is optimized and aligned to the key metrics set out by executive management.
- Develop and own a model that consolidates inputs from the key stakeholders in Treasury, FP&A, Product and the business lines. Develop Key Risk Indicators, KPIs and Early Warning Indicators for the key metrics.
- Lead the creation of a governance framework that integrates the key model inputs and outputs and inputs from the associated functions.
- Partner with product and the business lines to understand the short term and longer-term deposit forecasts and the implication on the balance sheet management strategy and assessment to the KRIs, EWIs. This includes recommendations on pricing and relationship management tactics.
- Create a play book of scenarios that can be implemented subject the variable conditions and the key balance sheet movements.
- Partner on the development longer term strategies, including with the liquidity team to ensure that the liquidity metrics are included in the overall balance sheet management strategy.
- Work with Treasury and FP&A to understand the Net Interest Income forecast and the sensitivity to the various balance sheet strategies. Understand the key trends, drivers to facilitate discussions.
- Co-chair / lead role on the Banks deposit pricing committee that reviews the deposit pricing and performance across the business lines. Work with the Product Organization to understand where new product gaps might exist and how new strategies could help to address gaps in the landscape.
- Work with Treasury to understand where alternative funding strategies and sources may be appropriate to enhance the SVBs profitability.
- A key contributor to the ongoing development and adoption of the banks FTP framework and alignment to the ALM strategy
- Key contributor to enterprise wide deposit pricing committee that review deposit flows and strategies. Partnering with product team, treasury, lines of business and FP&A.
- 12+ years of progressive finance and treasury related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance (MBA preferred)
- Professional certification CPA / CFA (preferred)
- Solid understanding of Treasury and Asset Liability Management, FTP frameworks, IRR management and balance sheet management strategies
- Understanding of key accounting principals
- Commercial Banking Experience
- Excel modelling
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical abilities, including problem solving and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the capability to work on multiple projects with minimal direction in a dynamic and fluid environment with rotating priorities.
- Pro-active, high energy and strong interpersonal skills with a team-focused attitude, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships
- Working in publicly traded financial institution
- Comfortable presenting to C-Level