Director and Investment Counsellor, Private and Institutional Clients
Director & Investment Counsellor, Private & Institutional Clients
The Director & Investment Counsellor (Counsellor) is part of Yorkville Asset Management (Yorkville) investment team that is responsible for business development, and relationship and portfolio management for clients in the assigned territory. The Counsellor builds tailored portfolios to meet each individual clients’ goals and manage those assets on a discretionary basis within Yorkville’s list of approved investments and portfolios.
- Identify business development opportunities to offer Yorkville’s services to families, business owners and professionals.
- Utilize your strong investment and tax knowledge to address specific client situations including, but not limited to, structuring tax efficient portfolios that address the specific needs of family trusts and estates.
- Work with Centers of Influence (COIs) to generate referrals and provide top notch advice to affluent clients. This includes corporate restructing, and using insurance for estate optimization and managing tax obligations.
- Provide clients with an exemplary level of service, including regular touch base meetings, educational briefings, quarterly (or as needed) reporting, year‐end tax advice, and investment reviews.
- Work with key Yorkville stakeholders (Portfolio Administration, Investments, Compliance, Marketing, Wholesaling, Insurance and Institutional Sales) to offer the best in‐class solutions while representing Yorkville in a professional and transparent manner.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate degree and a CFA is required. A CPA designation and/or strong knowledge of Canadian tax is an added advantage.
- Access to car for travel within Alberta is a must.
Yorkville is a boutique wealth management service provider that caters to affluent Canadians and institutions. Yorkville operates from its head office in Toronto, and through two satellite offices in Calgary and Ottawa. Yorkville’s competitive advantage is derived from its focus on client services, natural bias to investing in the health care sector, and comprehensive wealth solution offerings to clients.
Remuneration is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit Yorkville’s web page www.yorkvilleasset.com for additional information. Please send your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying.