Chief Investment Officer
This is highly responsible administrative and technical financial work involving planning and directing the
activities of the Investment Division of the Public Employees’ Retirement System to ensure the prudent
management of the investment assets. Under the general direction of, and through accountability to the
Executive Director, the incumbent initiates investment related programs and procedures in accordance with state and federal laws governing the Public Employees Retirement System. Other responsibilities include analyzing various investments to determine their suitability for the PERS program, Mississippi Deferred Compensation (MDC) and Optional Retirement Plan (ORP); supervising the maintenance of investment records; analyzing and resolving investment problems; and interpreting and implementing federal, state, and agency policies and procedures related to the investment of PERS assets. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing the PERS Investment staff and overseeing the activities of outside investment managers.
Duties of the PERS-Chief Investment Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, recommends and implements both long- and short-term strategic plans for the investment program.
- Reviews agency investment strategy and recommends changes in the structure of the PERS portfolio.
- In consultation with the investment consultant, recommends and implements asset mix changes.
- Recommends the selection and termination of investment managers and consultants.
- Receives and analyzes short and long-term investment recommendations from investment managers, and investment consultants in order to determine the most appropriate and profitable investment allocations.
- Oversees administration of the in-house and short-term investment portfolio. Analyzes cash flow
requirements, then recommends policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently meet those needs.
- Administers oversight of the securities lending and commission recapture programs which includes
responsibility for determining and monitoring all reinvestment guidelines for securities lending program, and reconciliation of all commission data.
- Negotiates all investment related contracts, and monitors activities to ensure compliance.
- Communicates with Executive Director and Board of Trustees on issues affecting policies, asset allocation, investment performance, trading practices, benchmarks, peer group comparisons and new investment opportunities and styles.
- Supervises investment staff. Directly involved in all facets of staff management which includes development of duties and operating standards, staff hiring, development and review.
- Interprets and implements new or revised federal, state, and agency policies and procedures regarding investments.
- Performs related or similar duties, as required or assigned.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters