Business Analyst - Hedging
The Operations/Business Analyst plays a key role within our hedging program (for annuity and life insurance products) by running daily hedging production tasks and serving as a liaison between the business and the technology teams to support business initiatives. She/he may also collaborate with software development and testing, data analysis, and P&L calculations.
This role is part of the Hedging team within the Investment department of National Life Group (NLG). It is located in Montpelier, VT.
- Develop, enhance and carry out operational daily/weekly/monthly hedging processes such as: daily validations (assets and liabilities), trade preparation for static hedging.
- Collaborate with Investments and IT teams to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve investments data, systems, and business processes
- Provide and develop business requirements documents (BRD) and contribute to the workflow design for all production processes.
- Design test cases, test functionality, and validate results for production systems.
- Build and maintain tools to streamline existing processes.
- In-depth understanding of software development life cycle and familiarity with relational database concepts with SQL skills
- Perform ad hoc analyses.
- Demonstrated ability of influencing the actions of others within and outside of his/her areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience writing business requirements and test plans, as well as reviewing functional specifications, for trading and accounting systems required
- Understanding of SQL database structures including tables, views, and stored procedures
- Ability to write/understand SQL and Excel Macros
- Knowledge of capital markets, derivatives models and valuation techniques.
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT and its affiliates.